Updated on February 5, 2010
Tips for traveling in Bangkok
There are maps available everywhere in Bangkok.Â Here are some tips we have picked out during our stay here.
- Don’t trust the people standing around the tourist attractions that tell you it is closed.Â They try to take you to another place for cheap but then scam you.Â We were approached several times but knew the deal.
- Use the meters in the Taxi’s.Â Pom told us about this one!Â It is cheaper than making a deal with the drivers.
- Saying “hello” -Â woman say – “Sawadee Kha” and men say – “Sawadee Krap”.
- Saying “thank you” – woman say- “Kob Khun Ka” and men say- “Kob Khun Krubc”
- Lady boy’s look very much like beautiful woman.
- The market people seem to have the same prices for things.Â Go to a few (they all have the same stuff) and find out their lowest price.
- Pronounciation ofÂ Singha beer- Sing